It turned out pretty well and received the thumbs up from Clint so I thought I'd share it with you.
So, what makes it healthy? Here's why...
* low sugar
* no added sugar
* no heating of vegetable or nut oils
* contains a mixture of carbs, protein and fat
Aimee's Apple, Blueberry, Goji Coconut Crumble
1 organic green apple, peeled
1/2 cup organic frozen blueberries
1 tbsp goji berries
1 tsp coconut flour (optional, see note below)
1/2 cup organic coconut flakes (sulphite-free)
1 tsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp pure vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius
2. Chop apple to small cubes
3. Place apple, blueberries, goji berries, cinnamon, and vanilla in a bowl and mix well with a spoon
4. Place berry and apple mix in a baking dish then sprinkle the coconut flakes on top
5. Drizzle the coconut oil over the coconut flakes
6. Place in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until the coconut is golden brown
When you pull it out of the oven and stab a middle piece of apple with a knife it should feel very soft and that means all the apple has cooked through
Idea: serve with a dollop of pure coconut cream on the side
Note: the coconut flour helped absorb some of the juice from the apple and blueberries but isn't essential
Also: you could add crushed nuts but try and do this after it's been baked, otherwise the oil in the nuts changes during the cooking process and becomes unhealthy
This recipe is suitable for participants of the MindBodyReboot program!
Coconut oil and other products can be purchased by Sunny Coasters online at the Primal Pantry
If you share this recipe please remember to mention that it came from Primal Influence, thanks a bunch!